04 Oct THE IMPORTANCE OF EVENTS IN MARKETING
Building online connections with your audience has become a fundamental part of marketing. Building an online presence using social media, SEO, and creating content aren’t emerging trends anymore. Their effectiveness has been proven, and they are now the basis for a solid, reliable brand image.
But in the midst of all these online interactions, it can be easy to forget that face to face interactions are still a powerful and valuable way to forge important relationships. These could include business events like tradeshows, conferences, user groups, Expos, fundraisers and more. Any events that allow you to meet your customers and prospects in the real world can provide great opportunities, such as:
• High-quality touch points with prospects
• Building trust with clients and making your brand appear more friendly and accessible
• Giving customers unique and memorable experiences with your business
• Increasing the value of your products/services by providing speakers, networking opportunities and more for clients.
But the key to getting these benefits is that you have to actually create an experience that attendees want to participate in, not something that feels tedious or unproductive.
Creating a valuable and compelling event isn’t an easy task. But with a little hard work and the right now how, it can definitely be done. Here are a few tips to get you started:
• Focus on creating value, not selling. Create an event where attendees actually want to be there and are getting something positive out of it. The rest will follow.
• Be consistent across the board! Your customers’ face to face experience with your brand should be the same experience they have with your online presence.
• Keep it fresh! You need to be willing to continually improve your events, innovating and adding content that keeps it relevant and valuable. Attendees go through a lot of trouble to attend an event- if you don’t make it worth their while, they won’t come back and they’ll have a negative experience.
The bottom line is, events can add a lot of value to your brand image and are still some of the best ways to build genuine, long-lasting relationships.